Monday, June 25, 2007

A Day at Hilton Head


Saturday, we drove down to Hilton Head. Darren's mom and his brother Jesse were there for a few days of vacation. Hilton Head was beautiful, though a lot more touristy than the beaches around us!


One of the first things we did was go up in the Harbor Towne Lighthouse. The lighthouse is 93 feet tall. It was completed in 1970 and is the newest lighthouse.


This is one of the views from the top of the lighthouse. It was beautiful up there! You could even see Tybee Island off in the distance. I also found out that Harbor Towne participates in the Lighthouse Passport Program, which I didn't know, so I got another stamp to add to my passport.


My favorite thing about Hilton Head was all of the Hibiscus that were blooming. Hibiscus is one of my favorite flowers. They were in bloom all over the island in a variety of colors.


I also saw this alligator. He was in a pong near the hotel Darren's mom was staying at. When I first got out of the car to take his picture, he wasn't that close. As he was swimming, I kept taking his picture... until I realized he had swam to about 5 feet from me and was still coming closer... at which point I returned to the car.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Ya'll so seem to be enjoying your new residence! I'm happy for you. thanks for sharing all your adventures.